Sunday, December 31, 2006

Let the People Speak
©Nicolette M. Foster

Hello all this is the first but not last addition of Let the People Speak. I’m Nicolette and I have a story to say that makes this issue the most important one of all.

I come from California, I was in the foster care system there; lately I’ve been going through the papers on the court hearings and I figured maybe someone out there will read this and help me. All this happened in Lake County California.

(Exhibit C)

I have receives months of Family Reunification Services as ordered by the Lake County Juvenile Court. I understand that the law allows that I receive 12 months of Reunification Services in order to regain custody of my daughter, Nicolette. I do not wish to reunify with my daughter and request that Reunification Services be terminated at the court hearing scheduled for 2/10/97. I have been advised that failure to reunify with my daughter will result in the need for the court to develop a permanent plan for my daughter. This could mean that my parental rights would be terminated and my daughter could be adopted. If Nicolette is not adopted other permanent plans could be guardianship or long term foster care.

My rights regarding Reunification with my daughter have been fully explained to me and I understand the consequences for my decision to terminate Reunification Services.
Signed by the mother 1/15/97.

(Exhibit C)
Part 2

Her mother has indicated that she does not want her daughter to return home. She feels that for her daughter’s safety and emotional well-being she should remain in foster care until the age of majority. Ms. McNally indicated that Nicolette’s mother was emotionally vulnerable.

(Exhibit C)
Part 3

Her mother has maintained that she does not want her daughter, Nicolette Foster, to return to her care and custody. She also stated that she loves her daughter and would like for visits and telephone contact to continue, but feels unable to provide care for her daughter. She has repeatedly stated that she does not like little girls at all and that it difficult emotionally for her to be around little girls.


Right now my mother has my brother Tyler. I do not believe it is a good home for him. I have pictures of when my older brother Cory was younger with bruises and a fat lip. All my pictures with her I was crying or frowning. My mother gave Tyler Pepsi instead of milk when he was younger so now he has bad teeth and on countless time she has told me Tyler is home sick. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I found your blog by doing a Blogger search on "foster care."

Reading this entry, I am concerned for your brother's safety and well-being.

I grew up in foster care myself: www.sunshinegirlonarainyday.com

Here's my current blog where I share issues pertaining to foster care nationwide: http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/

Have you heard of Foster Care Alumni of America? www.fostercarealumni.org

I hope you are in a situation where you are getting the support you need to pursue this.

Please email me anytime,
Lisa

5:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

PS - I know two lawyers in California.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home